Textile Care Services:
April 23-27, 2018
Laundry Processing and Operations:
October 16-20, 2017
October 8-12, 2018
The Laundry & Linen College (L&LC) is the premiere resource for laundry training and education. For over 30 years, the L&LC has provided training in laundry processing and linen distribution and utilization for individuals in the U.S. and abroad. This program is recognized nationally for developing skilled, informed, and accomplished laundry professionals. Respected for its timely and relevant course content, format, and instructors, the L&LC convenes twice yearly, spring and fall, for five days in Richmond, Kentucky.
During the spring session of the L&LC, instruction will focus on Textile Care Services, with classes offered on topics including QAPI, Infection Control, Textile Basics, Textile Selection and Bid, Linen Management and Utilization, Linen Distribution, Linen Benchmarking and Performance Measures, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Packrooms.
During the fall session of the L&LC, instruction will focus on Laundry Processing and Operations, with classes offered on topics including Equipment Selection and Bid, General Laundry Safety, Chemistry in the Wash Process, Preventative Maintenance, Maintenance Related Safety, Energy Management, Laundry Productivity and Performance Measures, and Laundry Management.
Why Should I Attend?
- The L&LC uses interactive class projects in small groups with instruction from an experienced facilitator currently working in laundry process/linen management.
- Students are able to take back what they learn. Even experienced laundry personnel learn new approaches!
- Gain lifetime connections with fellow attendees/students.
- Each class is aided by a course facilitator who has been through the program and is currently working in the field – practical everyday experience meets classroom instructors for the benefit of those attending.
Who Attends the College?
- Desire to perform at higher level
- Seek advancement opportunities
- Are candidates for the RLLD certification exam
- Are new to laundry processing or linen distribution
- Are new textile care services sales personnel
- Are environmental services personnel with laundry oversight responsibilities
- Are materials management personnel with linen management responsibilities
- Members: $950 early registration, $1,450 after early registration ends
- Non-members: $1,150 early registration, $1,650 after early registration ends
Tuition includes all instruction and classroom materials for one term (spring or fall). Hotel, transportation, meals, and airfare are not included in the tuition fee.
ALM Scholarship Program
Through the generosity of ALM's Allied Trade Members and Chapters, laundry and linen professionals are eligible to apply for a scholarship to cover tuition to the L&LC. The scholarships cover one term (spring or fall) of the school in full. The scholarship does not cover transportation, meals, or lodging.
Apply for the scholarship online or submit a printed form.
The Townplace Suites Marriott, in Richmond, Kentucky, offers L&LC students a special rate of $109 (plus applicable taxes) and has a limited number of government rates available. To make a reservation, please call 888-236-2427 and indicate group code: ALMALMA.
Lexington's Bluegrass Airport (LEX) is approximately 30 miles from the hotel and training facility. Ground transportation is available through Gold Shield Transportation by calling 800-205-7330 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.